A friend of mine liked this dish from a restaurant called Inihaw Circle, he requested that i recreate it. The original dish is really spicy, loaded with chopped long green peppers and labuyos. My version made use of bell peppers. I also used japanese bread crumbs. I usually use deboned chicken breast for this, though regular chicken pieces are also ok. When my friend asked me to recreate this, i told him no problem, just buy the ingredients. He bought 3 whole chickens! It took me 3 hours to finish cooking.
deboned chicken breasts - cut into strips
japanese bread crumbs
bell pepper (more colors liven it up)
1. Season the chicken with salt, pepper, paprika and worcestershire sauce. Set aside for at least an hour.
2. Roll the chicken in flour, then egg, then japanese bread crumbs.
3. Fry the chicken strips till golden brown and set aside. It's easier to fry chicken fillet than those with bones.
4. Melt butter and add the chopped bell peppers. Stir for a few minutes then add paprika.
5. Put the fried strips with the butter/bell peppper. Mix it thouroughly to spread the butter and peppers.
6. Serve immediately.
* this recipe is also posted at http://pinoyfoodtalk.net