Thursday, June 12, 2008

Asparagus & Kailan Leaves in Mushroom Oyster Sauce

Coming up with a name for this dish apart from describing its contents was more difficult that cooking the dish itself. I'm not a big fan of vegetables, but it's essential for someone my age and I'd like to set a good example for my daughter.

This is good on its own, but for meat lovers, this can serve as a side dish. Just saute some minced garlic and chopped onions in butter and oil followed by you choice of mushrooms ( i used sliced button mushrooms) then add oyster sauce. Let this cook for about 5 minutes. Boil some water and blanch the asparagus and kailan leaves. Transfer the blanched asparagus and leaves onto a plate and cover the mushroom and oyster sauce mixture. Done!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would eat this dish on its own over rice :) it looks delicious!

Anonymous said...

Thanks JMom! That's exactly what i did!