Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Sweet & Spicy Fried Chicken

I was really in the mood for something spicy but really didn't want any of the usual, i wanted to experiment. I've always loved chili garlic sauce together with Chinese dishes and really consume a lot when i eat at a Chinese restaurant, so i really wanted that to be part of the ingredients. Lately I've been really interested in Thai dishes and curries and even bought a Kaffir Lime Tree.

I already decided that I'd use fried chicken thighs for the dish, for the sauce i just followed my nose and my taste buds.
For the sauce, i melted butter in a pan, added mined garlic, grated ginger, 3 tbsp of red curry paste, 1 tbsp of chili garlic, about 1/4 cup soy sauce, cracked black pepper, 1 bay leaf, 1 tsp of peanut oil, 1 cup water with corn starch and spring onions. (For more heat, add chili peppers)

This experiment is a keeper and will do again. I think it'll go well with anything fried.

No comments: