Sunday, August 16, 2009

Fried Fish Fillets in Tomato and Cheese Sauce

Ever wake up and realize all the food you had was frozen? I have…many times. Or sometimes, I think I have this and that but turns out I don’t have any. This is one of those moments when it’s almost lunch time and I had no idea what to cook! Strangely, even with the pressure of coming up with a decent meal, I enjoyed it. I liked the challenge albeit I was nervous of how it would eventually taste.
The only thing quick enough to cook in the freezer was a pack of frozen fish fillets. While I could easily just fry or grill the fish, I think we already had it that way within the week. Though I still fried it, I did a couple things to make it different and still delicious. After seasoning it with salt and pepper, I fried it till golden brown then set it aside. Next I heated some leftover tomato sauce, added some dried thyme and basil then poured it over the fish, one fillet at a time. Then, I filled a squeeze bottle with some melted cheese and liberally lined the fish with lines of melted cheese. This went into the oven for about 10-15 minutes. Moment of truth came a few minutes after and I was all smiles. :)

No comments: